My Blog List

Thursday, February 5, 2009

This is hard stuff

So after a very short lived stunt at some "pole" classes (no...I never wanted to be a stripper. Just seemed like something fun to do) I thought it would be a hoot to take a burlesque class. And for those of you that don't know what burlesque is...think the Pussy Cat Dolls....but in a wee bit more human form when I do it as I am far from a member of the PCD! Anyhow...I should have known that this class would kick my butt when about 1 minute after signing up for it, I noticed that we had a recital at the end of the class. GEE...THAT'S JUST GREAT. I can't wait to dance around like a tard on stage for all the world to see. I did my best to talk myself out of the class...but seeing as I had already paid for it, I had to go. The class so far (three weeks in) is fun, but at the same time stressful. I am not going to lie, the thought of picking just the perfect name...and then the song...and then the persona is hard stuff. In fact, in three short weeks, it's kinda taking over my life...well.. not so much that I need to go to burlesque anonymous or anything, but enough so that I find in my free time, I am online looking for music and dancing around my house. Tonight I had my boys listen to random tracks from Frank Sinatra. Yeah....they kinda looked at me like I was crazy. HMMMMM....maybe I need BA after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment