My Blog List

Friday, September 16, 2011

In your eyes....

Things that I always seem to think about after watching Say Anything...

Kickboxing...sport of the future
If someone were to stand outside of a girls window and blast music today in 2011, would they get the cops called on them?
I think the awkward first kiss is sweet.
That movie could never be made today or maybe it could, but she would never give him a pen today...she would send him a txt or a tweet and that really just does not work. (I gave her my heart and she gave me a....txt??)
Lloyd Dobler is...dare I say it...the nice guy.
Why is being a nice guy a bad thing? 
Are there still nice guys out in the world or have we made them go into some strange romantic witness protection program?

I sure hope that last one is not true.  That would really suck to only be able to read about "the nice guy" in a book or in the zoo.

I also think that I should avoid Say Anything when I am home alone and feeling mushy.
I might need an intervention soon....or hide all of my 1980 romantic comedies.
Mushy romantic Tamara.....never a good thing.
Maybe tomorrow I should take on the Saw movies???? :)

Yeah....it's been a long week...

2 comments:

  1. You should watch this series of "Nice Guy" videos: http://youtu.be/ZrnK-qPARYI

    There's a valuable lesson young women should learn about nice guys early in their lives before it's too late. Don't blacklist them in the dating community. Nice guys would have the last laugh, but they won't. After all, they are indeed nice guys. Contrary to a common saying, nice guys won't finish last after all is said and done.

    If you're into 80s movies, follow the "Revenge of the Nerds" series. The nerds are the coveted nice guys. A lot can be learned from the song in the opening scene of the first one. To this day, I remember it word for word:

    HEY! Beautiful people, haven't you heard?
    The time has come for revenge of the nerds.
    So go ahead and put us down.
    One of these days, we'll turn it around.
    Won't be long, mark my words.
    Time has come for revenge of the nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SJ-
    I am a fan of the nice guy. Always have been and always will be. I always tell my 'nice guy' friends to stick with and not to change when they are feeling that they will never find the right girl. Their right girl will come along and love them for being the nice guy.

    I am worried that young women today are so used to the jerk or the man that has little to no respect for women that this is just going to become the norm. And that breaks my heart.

    I love the Revenge of the Nerds and have seen it many times....I might have to watch it again soon!

    Long live the nice guy!!!

    ReplyDelete