My Blog List

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No need to call 911...I am just dancing!


In a sleep deprived impulsive moment, I signed up to take my first ever dance class.  And since I have a way of never easing into something, I picked a hip hop dance class.  I am guessing that I should have started with something a bit….slower, but too late to change that now.
I am not what one would call a dancer (as I have stated in many blog posts) and I am a bit….challenged when it comes to steps and moving multiple body parts and trying to remember those steps in any order that would resemble a routine.  My brain just does not work that way.  My body violently rejects new movement.  Hell, you have seen the photos….walking is hard enough for me!
But it has been a long time since I have tried something new and even longer since I have worked out and been active, so this seemed like a good idea….at the time.  Now, hmmm….not so much.
In my head I am channeling my inner Jabbawockeez or J Lo, from her Fly Girl days.  But in my heart I know that I will end up looking like Elaine from Seinfeld have a seizure as this is my go to dance mode.

Maybe if I wear the mask, no one will know it is me?

2 comments:

  1. "Jabbawockeez?"

    You are wrong for that. Mmmhm.

    And for those creepy masks. What's next: clowns!?

    -Statler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper made a request that I never ever ever do anything with clowns. Ever!

    ReplyDelete