My Blog List

Thursday, April 23, 2009

When do you give a second chance?

I got called "obnoxious, over the top, full of drama and full of tude" this week and to tell you the truth, all those words stung. Like getting hit with a police taser kinda sting. And I don't like it. Not one bit. I am not mad that I got called those things, cuz looking back on the situation, I am sure that I was being all that...and maybe even more (I will admit to the night being a bit fuzzy on the brain...jager...need I say more?) but the part that sticks with me is that the person who said that to me just wrote me off at that point.

While drinking is never a good thing, I will admit that I was way drunk (and he may not have known that) and that I was dealing with a ton of crap things that had gone on that week and was just...well...to be honest, I was actin' a fool. I get that. I do, but it's not like I always do that. And the worst part was...he didn't give me a chance to explain that to him. My friends that know me, know that I am not like that and know what led up to me acting like that...they get it, but this dude...well...nope.


So...here is my question

Do you give people a second chance? Do you understand that we are all human and may (god forbid) mess up once in a while? Now, I can see somethings not being ok, but as far as I know, I didn't do anything high up on that list...no one was killed and I am pretty sure I did not sleep with any of his friends...things high on the list!


Well, the one good thing to come of this is that I am done with the drinking...ok...well...not like AA meeting kinda done, but will be staying far away from the Jager...for it is not my friend!

2 comments:

  1. yes, and yes; to answer your questions simply.

    however (there is always a however, isn't there?), everyone has that line, whereupon crossing, someone else becomes persona non grata. it is a big hint to someone's personality and character where they draw that line. if they draw that line too low, it's a good sign you're incompatible with them.

    c'est la vie. move on.

    your mileage will vary - peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...good point. Time has passed and I can see now that some sort of line was crossed. I may not agree with the outcome, but nothing I can do about it now.

    I live and learn...everyday!

    ReplyDelete