My Blog List

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My own personal Miss Cleo...


It will always amaze me how in tune Kellen is with me and my emotions. As the mom, I hide most of the things I am feeling from my kids because; well…it’s my job. For the most part, I feel like I do a pretty good job at it. I try to never let them see me cry, get too angry or pull a stage one nutter. All of this is kept inside until they are all tucked away in bed and dreaming like angels.


Last night I was waiting for a call from a friend so that we could work some things out. The boys could care less if I was in the house or not let alone busy on the phone, but I did tell them that I would be in my room on the phone and to try not to kill each other. Yes, parenting at its finest-I know.

So I take the phone call and emerge from my room a while later. Oh-I would like to add that while they did sound like they were members of the WWF while I was on the phone, they managed to not draw blood, cry or break anything. YAY kids!

I walk into the living room to see if all limbs were still where they should be on each child and Kellen stops playing keep away with Phen Phen and looks at me –

“Mom, are you okay?”

“Um, yeah…why?”

“You look like you are worried about something. Did your phone call upset you?”

“No sweetheart, my phone call was just fine. Keep picking on your brother”

“Well, okay…HAHAHAH Cooper, you are never getting Phen Phen back….”

As all this was happening I took a quick look in the mirror to see if I looked worried. Nope.

Signs of tears? Nope.

Hmmm…..I think that I am going to just have to trust that the Ammerman gene or Spidy sense to know what is going on with others has been passed down to Kellen.

Not so much with Cooper, who at that point was trying to fart on his brothers head…..

No comments:

Post a Comment