My Blog List

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bad dancing=fun mom. Who knew?


I often worry that I am a horrible mother.  Not like a crack head kind of mom, but not your conventional sort of mom.

On the weekends, I let my kids stay up too late.
I will not force them to eat vegetables that I would not eat (chances are high that I don’t even know how to cook them anyway).
I believe that if you are not leaving the house, jammies are fine to wear all day.
Popcorn can be a dinner item.
We have a family dance that I make my kids do in the car (all upper body, so completely appropriate for car dancing). 

Little quirky things.  Not enough that child protective services will come knock on my door, but enough that the boys might need counseling one day. 

Last night after watching Tron and having a rave like dance party with the boys (dance party is a common theme in my house) Coop looked at me and said, “You are a lot of fun.  Not like some of my friend’s moms!” 

AWWWWW!!!!!! 

Now, I am sure that this thought will change and what he thinks of now as fun will only be thought of as embracement and the term, “why are you trying to ruin my life?” will be said, but for now I will take that statement from last night as maybe I am not the worst mom in the world after all.  

Ya know, until next week when I send one of them to school with an empty lunch box that I grabbed off the counter while the full lunch box sits in the fridge….

No comments:

Post a Comment