My Blog List

Friday, October 21, 2011

Cuz this is....THRILLER!


When the Thriller video came out in 1986, I was 6 and the video scared the hell out of me. Don’t get me wrong, I would watch it over and over again, but it still freaked me out.
I hated the part where MJ turns into the zombie and is doing the Thriller dance along with all the other zombies.  I hated that evil Vincent Price laugh.  HATED IT.  **and I had an MJ poster on my wall.  He was with ET...so in my mind, that is how he should look!** 
But at the time I was a hard core MJ fan, so I sat and I watched it…and watched it and watched it. 

Jump ahead a few short years, yeah…who am I kidding…jump ahead about 29 years to last night.  Since I am going to be spending my upcoming Sat morning trying to learn the Thriller dance (no, I do not know it, so shut up!) I thought that I would pull up the video on YouTube and watch it with the boys.
I thought that they would love it.
I thought they would think it was cool.
I thought they might be a bit scared.


The video ends, and I asked them what they thought. 

Cooper goes first, “That was kinda of stupid and so not scary at all, mom.”

Kellen follows that up with, “You really think that you are going to be able to do that dance?  Like with other people at the same time?  You can’t really dance.  You sure you don’t want to just watch your friends do it?”


DUDE!  I get no love in my house! 

And yes, that statement from Kellen was followed by me trying to make him do the dance with me.  

He asked if he could go to his room and read.  

That’s cool…..he does not know it yet, but this weekend he is learning the Thriller dance with me…and maybe The Dougie

1 comment: