My Blog List

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Super Mario is coming to town....


Last night I got a txt from my ex that made me want to poke him in the face…with a stick.

“FYI, Cooper and Kellen asked me about Santa Clause.  Both figured he wasn’t real and I confirmed it.”

WTH?  WHY?  WHAT THE HELL WOULD MAKE YOU CONFIRM THAT SHIT? 

Ok, I get that my kids are growing up and at 8 and 7 they are able to figure out a few things on their own, but I was not ready for him to snatch Christmas joy away from me.  IN THIS CASE YOU LIE!  You tell them that the mall Santa is not “THE” real Santa, but just a minion for the hard working guy who lives up at the Pole.  You LIE and you tell them that he is real and that if they are not good, you will call him and rat their little asses out to the Big Guy.     

This is my right as a parent…all parents, really, to keep the twinkle in their eyes just as long as we can while at the same time forcing them to act like the well behaved children that Santa wants them to be.

The ex has taken that from me…revenge will follow.  Just not sure yet as to how…anyway…. 

I was discussing this with a co-worker this morning and when her kids got to be a bit older; her ex started leaving gifts not from Santa, but from stars that her daughter was into at the moment. 

“Merry Christmas! From The Backstreet Boys”   WOW…what kid would not love that???

 This is what I am going to do this year…


The gifts are all going to be from Mario, Yoshi….Donkey Kong….you get the idea.



So while on Christmas Eve, little ones around the world will be leaving cookies and milk out for Santa and Rudolph…..my clan will be leaving out gold coins, mushrooms and bananas. 

 HA…ex husband….how do you like them apples…or bananas as the case may be?!?!



PS…Um….ex….you spilled the beans on Santa, but are still buying into the Tooth Fairy thing….we might need to talk about what mythical characters we are sticking with and which ones we are hanging a pink slip to…just saying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment