My Blog List

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey Monday, lets be friends!


Just when you think that you have gotten a jump on Monday….something like this happens…
I spent most of Sunday being lazy.  Lazy is an understatement.  I would actually go as far as to say that I spent Sunday channeling my inner sloth self.  It was heavenly. 

But Monday morning came around and in order to be a productive member of society, I had to get some stuff done…and in a hurry.

So when the alarm went off at a little after 5am, I jumped up and got a start to my day.

I was keeping a mental checklist of all the tasks that I had accomplished by 6am and was feeling pretty good about myself.

            Showered
            Got the boys showered and dressed
            Made lunches for all three of us
            Unloaded the dishwasher
            Loaded the dishwasher
            Clothes in the washer and dryer
            Fed dog
            Three bags packed for school and work


Phew….yeah me!  That is a lot to get done on a Monday morning (small pat on back!) 

The boys get picked up for school and I headed out to work.  Still feeling like I was ready to do a bit of Monday butt kicking.

I am halfway to work when in one small quick moment, Monday came to me and smacked me in the face..hard. 

I looked down to notice that along with my work shirt and shoes….I was still in my flannel jammy pants.
WTH?  How did I do that??? 

Then I remembered that while I was getting dressed this morning, I had to stop and go help Cooper get ready….and just went on with my morning and never looked to see what I was wearing.   I just sipped my shoes on that were by the door, grabbed my coat and ran out.   

I know that it is Halloween and if I were in an office that lets us dress up, I would have just kept on my way to work in the jammy pants and called it a costume, but I don’t, so I had to head back home to change.  UGH.  

So what did I learn this morning?  Always respect Monday…as she has the power to be evil!


*Nope, no photos.  For one, I was super late at that point and two, when this was happening, I had to intention of telling the world how dense I am….but after thinking about it, I thought it might make you laugh*

    

No comments:

Post a Comment