My Blog List

Monday, January 7, 2013

First post of 2013!

Hello, 2013!  I just know that we are going to be best friends, unless you are like your sister, 2012.  In that case, play nice, because I am ready to shank a bitch.  Just saying.


Since this is my first post of 2013 (and my first post since July) I guess I should write about all the things that I am going to change in the new year, but chances are pretty good that NONE of what I write will happen (I'm lazy. I know this) so I am just not even going to waste my time with that.

Ok...small lie.  At some point I might blog about getting into shape and I might post photos to track progress, or to give anyone who reads this something to laugh at.  I am not sure about that one yet as it would mean that I have to actually commit to working out (see statement above about being lazy).

So what has brought be out of my blogging hibernation?

Pinterest.

Last year I watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show while sitting on my couch in sweats eating ice cream.  I felt so beyond inadequate that it was enough to make me hate almost every tying about myself (yet not enough that I put down the ice cream.  I needed comfort!). I felt short, fat, clumsy and old.
This is a bit how Pinterest makes me feel, but without physical self loathing.  Pretty much it just makes me feel as if I suck at everything else in my life. Gee, THANKS!

It seems harmless enough.  You sit down, open up the page and start looking at all the wonderful things that other people create or the beautiful homes that they live in.  It shows photo's of amazing parties and food.  Everything you could possibly think about is on this site.

Who the fuck are these people?
Who has the time?
Where are all these amazing houses?
Why is that food not being made in my kitchen?
What the hell is mod podge?

UGH...so many questions!!!!

I am going to ponder these questions while looking at random strangers boards on weddings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment