My Blog List

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You might want to avoid me if it's raining...

Look at me..posting twice in one day! (I actually thought I had posted this one last week, but guess I forgot to hit publish, so I promise this double posting is not the norm)

Since I just started playing around with my blog again, I thought it would be a hoot to go back and look over some old posts.  I found a post from just over a year ago that listed the awesome kick ass stuff I was going to do in 2012.

Um. No. (insert Grumpy Cat face)

Before I re-post the ghost of blogging past, let me go over a few things that DID happen in 2012...and lets hope they do not repeat in 2013 or, as I have said many times before, I'm gonna shank a bitch.

1- Unexpected, unwanted and uncool change in residencies from a house to a town house.
Moving Sucks

2- Car accident (not my fault, and no one was hurt) that lead to my car being totalled.
Car Shopping Sucks

3- Unplanned surgery (I am ok) that left me in a dazed out state of recovery for longer then I thought it would and feeling a bit like the dude from the Shinning, but without snow.
Surgery Sucks

4- Had my heart broken by someone that I have been crazy about for a very long time.
He Sucks

There you have it...the NOT TO DO LIST OF 2013!!!

Ok, so lets tackle the list of wonderfulness that was going to be 2012

December 30, 2011

It’s the end of 2011 and the time when everyone starts making resolutions for the new year. I just can’t do this.
Look, I know that I need to drop 20 pounds, but there is just no way that I am going to get this done in the month of January. For one, I am lazy and two, I have no willpower. So this resolution is just filled with too much pressure. NO.THANK.YOU.

That being said…there is a few things that I would like to add to my 2012 TO DO LIST (yes, I am going to add that list here…duh)

Go to Disneyland
I am 35 and have never been. I think it is time.
**Nope.  I did not make it to Disneyland.  I did take a road trip down to the Redwood Forest and had a great time.  So for this one, we will say I half way did it....at least I was in the same state as Disneyland.  That counts for something!

Learn to golf
This one might be dangerous as I have no skill, aim or any depth perception. Maybe I should re think this one to just…drive the golf cart?
**Nope. And now that I think about this one...it's for the best.  I really do not need to be around other people hitting a ball in all sorts of random directions while hold what very well could end up being a weapon.  I am good with leaving this one as is.

Sky dive
I hate heights, this seems a good way to get over that.
**Nope. But this one is being re added to the 2013 list and I am going to do this for my birthday this year (hint - it's in July if you want to come with me).

Play some sort of team sport
This might shock you since I seem so sporty and all, but I have never played any sort of team sport.
**YES!  This one I actually did! I started playing soccer this last year.  I suck.  I am sure they want me to never actually show up to any of the games, but I am officially on a team.  I even have my first jersey with my favorite number on the back and everything (8...in case you were wondering).

Perform as Grace at least one last time
I have spent a lot of money on rhinestones to not do it one last time
**YES!  In Feb 2012, I got the chance to perform as Grace one last time.  I showed up with not one, but two new acts. An act all about a cheating Mickey Mouse and a second act all about my one true love, Jameson. Ahhh....what a great night that was!
 
Experience an amazing kiss in the rain
Yeah, random, but it’s my list, so I get to add whatever I want.
**Nope.  And this one was probably the easiest to accomplish and the one that I wanted the most.  But since I spent most of 2012 being crazy about a man who was not romantic or spontaneous and for the most part hated kissing in general (PSA for the ladies-never date a man who does not like to kiss.  It's ok if he is a bad kisser, you can fix that. You can't fix a non kisser. Nothing is better then a great kiss!)....there was no way I was getting that amazing kiss in the rain.
So, in true hopeless romantic fashion, I am keeping this one on the list for 2013 and I am going to keep it on the list every year until it happens. And if it does happen?  I am keeping it on the list anyway.  Everyone should have at least one amazing kiss in the rain at least once a year.  More if you are lucky, but I don't want anyone reading this to think I am greedy!
 
 
Ok 2013, I have my rain boots and chapstick ready.  You had better bring it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment