My Blog List

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bring on the mud!

It is safe to say that I can be a bit impulsive.  Most of the time that leads to a new piercing, tattoo or bringing home a stray dog.

Yesterday that impulsive streak, coupled with feeling like a fat whale and the urge to try something new, ended with me signing up for this  http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/orc/fundraising-events/mud-run-ms/index.aspx

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?  I can hardly walk to my car let alone run through the mud and try and clear some boot camp style obstacle course.  UGH.  Just thinking about it now makes me feel ill.  Knowing that I have to train for it and complete the course makes me break out in hives.  STUPID TAMARA.

Oh, and I am a member of a team now. We all know that if I were doing this solo, I would back out, but you have people depending on me and I HAVE to do it. 

This could not be a worse or better time for me to try and do this.  This girl has gotten big.  No joke!  I have found that I have started eating crap food and have stopped working out.  No a great combo.  So training for this is a good thing, but I know will kick my ass and pretty much make me want to vomit.

Today I start training.  And by that I really just mean hitting the treadmill after work for 40min or so.  HEY...a girl can't do it all in one night!

If you would like to donate and help me reach my $100 goal, click on the link and look for me or send me a note and I will give you the info.  Or, you can just check back in here  and laugh and cry along with me as I set out on yet another crazy adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment