My Blog List

Friday, May 13, 2011

Um...ok...

This morning I was in the break room before work looking at the paper.  I saw in the A&E that there was a photo promoting a burlesque show that I am helping out with this weekend.
In the photo was a local performer, one that my kids and I ran into last week while out and about in the real, non burly world.  It's a funny story, but the ending of it is...Kellen said she was pretty.  It was cute!

So while talking to my cube mate (she already had heard the story) a second co worker over heard me, and asked what I was talking about.  I told her the story (she does not know about Grace Fall, I only said I had helped out backstage or with production) and showed her the pic from the newspaper.

She goes on to tell me that one day last month I was leaving the office and her son saw me in the parking lot and was asking who I was, saying I was cute...yada yada yada.

She ends that story with, "Yeah, he really had the hots for you, but he will NEVER meet you!"  UM....OK. 
At that point she looked like she was going to spit on me.  No...really.  You should have seen the look on her face.
BTW....her son is almost 30, not some teenage kid!

I went back to my desk feeling like I had just been slapped.  I want to run over to her and tell her that I am a good person, damn it!

Oh well....        

No comments:

Post a Comment