My Blog List

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm gonna need some footy jammies.

Two post in one day?

You're welcome!

It hit me today that my kids do not have a Christmas concert or holiday sing or whatever the politically correct are calling it these days.  While my kids are boys...and I really doubt they care at all, I am kinda sad. I loved music class when i was in elementary school.  In fact, until it hit me that I can't play the piano, I wanted to be an elementary school music teacher for a while (yes, I know.  Me being in charge of any youth is really kinda scary).  I loved getting up on the bleachers in a room for a parents that looked less then thrilled to have to spend their Thursday night stuck in a hot smelly gym.  I loved all of the little high pitched voices singing together in as much unison as they could possibly come up with.  I loved it.  ALL OF IT!

One year, maybe 1st grade, we got to wear our jammies to the "big show".  I remember it well....I had on bright yellow Annie footy jammies.  Ya know, the kind that zip all the way up the front.  One one side of the zipper, it was yellow.  The other side had a big ol cartoon picture of Annie.  LOVED THOSE JAMMIES!  That year I got picked to sing one of the three solos in the song that the first graders were performing.  I don't remember the song or much of the night, but I do remember getting up in front of the crowd and singing my little heart out in those yellow jammies.  Ahhhh...good times.

Maybe if I wore some footy jammies out to karaoke I wouldn't have such bad stage fright?  It's a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment