My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Monday rant...

Girls who act like...well, girls.

Ok.  I know that I am so guilty of this and even more so over the past few months, but for the most part I pride my self on not always acting like a full blown girl.

Here is the situation:
Out with female friend.  Female friend runs into recent hook up.  Hook up is friendly, but not as friend as friend would want him to be.  Hook up goes about his night.  Friend spends night crying on my shoulder. Gee...what fun for me!

So here is the thing.  Friend is all bent as hook up hasn't called her and they haven't hung out since the "incident".
Me-Have you called him?
Friend -No.  I sent a txt.
Me -So you haven't really spoken to him, but you txt?
Friend - Yes
Me - Did he txt you back?
Friend - Yes, but he hasn't asked me to hang out or anything.
Me - Did you guys hang out all the time before?
Friend - Well...no.  I haven't really known him all that long. But he slept with me, so he should have called!
Me - Crap...please don't cry....again.   - hugs friend-

So...here is my thing.  He didn't sleep with her.  She didn't sleep with him.  It takes two.  They slept with each other.  And yes, maybe he could have called by on the same level she could have called him as well.  There is no rule that states the dude must be the one to make the call.
At the time  I did not tell her this, as it was my job to be the shoulder to cry on, but I did have this conversation with her the next day (when booze was not in her system). 

Me - You could have called him.
Friend - Yes, I know.  I guess I should have.
Me - Call him
Friend - Ok. Hanging up now.

Friend -Called. He was waiting for me to call him.  We are going out tonight.
Me - Gee....shocking.

All I am saying is this -- don't always wait for the other person to make the move because maybe they are waiting for you to do the same thing and you never know what you could miss out on if you are both solo checking your cell  to see if anyone called, yet never dialing a number yourself.

But then again...I am tragically single so you may not want to listen to anything that I have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment