My Blog List

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day one...of MANY.

I hate when I start something and don't finish it. HATE IT.  It eats away at me like some task heavy Jewish guilt.  And no, I am not Jewish, but somewhere along the line I seemed to have picked up this little tick along the way. I have given up trying to fight and just go with it at this point.
So in order to try and finish something that I started about three years ago, I (once again) signed up for some burlesque classes.  This time it is with a really school.  Instructed by wonderful people who know what they hell they are doing. YAY!  I honestly can not wait, but since I have tried to do this twice in the past and it has never worked out, I feel that it is too early to talk about and I am sure that it will mess the whole thing up.  So I am going to hold off on details for the moment.  I know...I am never that much of a tease, but I have to go with that just this once.

What I WILL tell you about is my plan to not look like a crazy drunk cow while doing anything burlesque related as this is a great fear of mine.  Will this new plan keep me from fall off the stage when I trip over my own feet?  Nope.  Will it make me not want to puke when I finally take the stage? Doubt it.  If anything it will just make be angry and sore, but I am going to try my best.

Yesterday I started a bit of a self imposed workout/diet plan.  I got up in the wee hours on a Sunday morning and had a nice run (ok...fast walk) around my hood and did my best to eat healthy for the rest of the day. YAY day one!  Not sure how good I will be today as I never actually went to sleep last night (night spend with a few tears) and that tends to lead me down a path of snacking like a crack head, but I am going to try and keep the down to a minimum.

And since the only way to keep me honest is to let other people in on my thought process (it's scary. you have been warned) I am going to post new pics once a week just to see how I am doing. I have until Feb 1st to get into "bump and grind" shape!
*I know it looks like I have some sort of definition to my stomach, but I was sucking it in!  Trust me...I have none!




2 comments:

  1. You know what this picture reminds me of?? BDD.

    For serious. You're gorgeous. Accept it and quit this modesty BS.

    I love you, W.

    Xoxo,
    S

    PS: Props for finishing the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh S...
    Just you wait....SUCKING IT IN!

    Come home...I miss you

    All my love,

    W

    ReplyDelete