My Blog List

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Santa Tamara

It could be all the NyQuil that I have downed in the last two days or the fact that I have been home alone and left to entertain myself (never a good thing) but I started thinking about the holidays that are just around the corner and stupid little traditions that go along with them.

First off--the tradition of gifts. Ok..so while that is not the true meaning of the season, it is a part of it and I pride myself on being a somewhat good gift giver.  I am big on the gift basket.  Pick a theme and run with it...I am good at that!  Last weekend I started my shopping and my little creative brain has already started to plan what Santa Tamara will be showing up with this year.  I can't wait!  While I love to get gifts, I love to give them even more, so seeing people smile at this time of year is always a big thing for me.

Ok...we have covered gifts, and now on to the part that I really love....the random stupid holiday tradtions and memory making.

I am big into this one.  I have things that I have to do every year and if I don't, well, it doesnt really feel like it was Christmas. Here is my list-
Go and see the tree is Pioner Place.  Now, you can go and just see the tree, but I like to make a day of it.  Tree. Startbucks. Shopping.  Drinks at certain places around Portland.  This is also best down while walking, and enjoying warm drinks at the tradtional watering holes.  Yes...I am smiling while writting this and thinking about it.
The Singing Christmas Tree.  It's a bit more on the tradtional side and not really something that you can get creative with, but I still love it.
Getting my tree.  Ok...this part I kinda of hate and I am sure that is it gets closer to the time of getting the damn thing, I will blog about it, but for now...lets just leave it at 'it's a tradtion, but one I hate'.
White Christmas -the movie.  STOP LAUGHING!  I love this movie. LOVE IT!  I love Bing Crosby and how the world just seemed simple and happy.  This movie gets me into the holiday spirit every time.  And if you watch it with some hot spiced cider...it's even better!

I know that I have more, but I think that my last dose of meds is kicking in and I need to take a nap.  So...what do you have?  What traditions do you have that you MUST do or you just don't feel like you have fully taken on the season? 
And which traditions would you like to join me on?  You never know what kind of adventure I can come up with if taken over by the spirt of Rudolph (I was going to say Santa, but when it's cold out, my nose turns red...)

No comments:

Post a Comment