My Blog List

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The stockings were not hung...yet

The one holiday tradition that I truly love is stockings.  Ever since I was a little girl, it has been the one thing in my life (holiday wise) that has never changed.  I loved it when I got married and did my best to teach the Ex the joy of the stocking and once I had kids, passed it on to them.  I put thought into the stocking and take joy in seeing the faces of those around me on Christmas morning filled with joy.
*Yes, being single has made the last few years with the stocking a bit of a bust (mine is empty) but I will not let that get to me...too much.

Anyhow, stockings are a big deal to me and we have had the same stockings since the boys were born..or before, as is the tradition to keep the same one.  The one at my Grandma's has been with me since I was about 3!  So today I got out all the Christmas boxes and started to unpack.  I got to the second box and noticed that the lid was off...AND THE FUCKING MICE THAT LIVE IN THE GARAGE GOT INTO IT!!.

GRRRR.....the one and only box in the whole garage that I care anything about and this was the one box that the lid was left off and they got to.  I am heartbroken.  I know it's silly and we can go and get new stockings (and we will) but it just makes me sad.

And with this sadness comes revenge!  Ok...so I have gotten rid of the furry little creatures from hell (who knows when they got that box) but now I am on a full on war with all things small and fuzzy.  Bring it on Mickey!

PS...if anyone needs me on Wed night, I will be stocking shopping....with a flask.

No comments:

Post a Comment