My Blog List

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Guess I needed a sailor

While not a bad day, it was a sad day for me.  My mind is focused on things that I hate and have no time for.  And if I allow it the time to think about these things, then it just sends some note to my eyes and then they cry.  With the crying comes a red nose.  With the red nose comes snot.  With the snot comes me in the middle of a used tissue mountain.  You get the idea...and it's not really all that pretty of a mental image.

In the hopes of trying to avoid Mt. Snotrag, I turned to the Wii/Netflix combo to see what it had in store for me.

POPEYE!

Oh yes, I said it-Popeye.  1980's blond singing Robin Williams...THAT POPEYE!
Yes...I know that this is not a good movie.  In fact, I would agree that it is in fact a very bad movie, but it always makes me smile.  I remember seeing in when it came out with my Grandmother and so whenever I see it now, it always makes me think of her. 
And today I have Cooper watching it with me as well.  I can't help but smile as I sit here writing this, Popeye in the back round and Cooper giggling like mad every time something stupid happens in the movie (so he is giggling alot!).

Thank you, Popeye!  You made me smile, but I could do without the Popeye song stuck in my head--toot toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment