My Blog List

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I want to be the squeeky toy...the much loved squeeky toy.

Guys are like dogs or small children.  And no, I am not male bashing or anything-so hear me out on this one.

If you have ever spent any time around dogs or small children, you might have noticed that when it comes to toys or bones, they only want the particular item when someone else does.  The bone/toy can sit in a corner untouched for days, but as soon as anyone else comes along, the original toy/bone owner wants it back.

Guys are like dogs or small children.

I would like to point out that this is not currently what is going on in my life (yes, at the moment I am the bone collecting dust in the corner, not being drooled on!) but something that I have observed over the years with past dogs in my life and in the lives of friends.  But for some reason last night I got to thinking about this topic, and felt the need to ramble on about it today (sorry blog followers).

To be fair-I am sure that girls do this too.  We never want what was once ours to fall into the hands of another.  But this can be with anything.  Shoes, bags, houses.  It does not have to be a guy.  With guys, I don't see it that way.

So men of the world-help me out.  Shed some light on the inner workings of your brain and let me know why you all seem to do this.  Why is it that you never want the girl you had until she has been discarded, left in the corner, moved on and is looking forward to someone else drooling on her?  Well, maybe not drooling, as that is just creepy, but I was trying to bring the whole dog thing full circle.    

No comments:

Post a Comment