My Blog List

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It just looks...so happy

Not sure what is going on with me over the past few months, but as you can tell from  reading this blog, I have been struggling to find where I fit in. 

As I was driving into work this morning, a question snuck into my head...

Shouldn't I be happy just being the soccer mom?

It's not a bad thing.  And it works well for millions of women around the world.  I see them on the sidelines of all the sporting events that my kids go to.  They look happy chatting amongst themselves about the daily ins and outs of the PTA and whatnot.  It looks like it works for them.  They plan their bunco nights and talk about their husbands are doing at coaching.  Ok...let me just say that I really don't know what they are talking about as they don't talk to me, but I can assume this would be the topic of conversation.
It just looks...so happy.

They are not leaving at half time to go and set up for roller derby.  They are not attempting to be an assistant football coach with stray glitter on their faces left over from the night before and dressing like a super hero.
When the game is done, they say their good byes, plan play dates and hop in their SUV's with husbands and go do yard work or what ever it is that happy little families do.
It just looks...so happy.

So, the question is still there...  
Shouldn't I be happy just being the soccer mom?

Should I give up on trying new things and meeting as many different groups of people as I can and try and join the soccer mom set?  Something tells me this will be harder then dancing around with pasties on stage.  As I have said before, they have already made the nooker choice, so breaking into that group might be tougher then one would ever imagine. 

Should I give up on volunteering with the derby?  Should I say good bye to trying out burlesque? Should I find a bunco group to join?

Should I try and be just a soccer mom?

    

2 comments:

  1. I think that you're making the HUGE assumption here that soccer moms ARE happy. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know that much of that happines is due to large amounts of wine : )

    ReplyDelete