My Blog List

Monday, April 18, 2011

Random weekend fun

When Friday rolled around last week, I was bummed.  I really wanted to be a part of the Rosehip Review with a group of my burlesque sisters.  I had planned to be a part of this and then I got the news that Forrest's Grandfather had passed (I loved that old guy! He was the only person in the family that ever liked me.  Pretty sure it was due to the fact that we snuck him out of his old folks home and took him to drink gin martinis the first time I was in Dallas) and he needed me to take the boys on Friday night.  How can I say no to helping out my ex when there is a death?  Yeah...I can't.  So I spent Wed-Friday all bummed that I was missing it. And even more on Sat morning after reading all the great Facebook posts. SADFACE

But then I ended up having the most random and enjoyable weekend.
The following list is a mix of the random and enjoyable.

Hung out with the ex, his wife and his family for a bit at the Buffalo Gap
Got hit on by random odd (so not my type) single dad at the school carnival
Got a dog
Made my kids super happy
Helped out an elderly woman in need
Bowling
Trip to Spartacus
Sewed Tribbles
Timbers game
Smiles
Drinks
Laughs
Taxes


See....for the most part, none of those things were really on my agenda for the weekend and I am sure that many other things really should have taken their place and I am sure that I should have been more productive or something, but in the end, I had a pretty good weekend.  I love when the random works out in a good way and not in a I am going to cry myself to sleep sort of way.

I am still upset that I missed the show on Friday night, but there might be other shows.

How was your weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment