My Blog List

Friday, April 8, 2011

It's new music day!!!!

You might not know this about me, but I have ADD. I am totally scattered and easily distracted by anything shiny.  Add to that the fact that my mind never shuts off.  NEVER.  Pretty sure that is why I don't sleep much.  I am always thinking or worrying about something.  I think that is part of what makes me a good friend.  I am always in constant thought about...well...anything.

The only time that I can get my mind to even slightly slow down to a normal pace so that I can focus is with music.  You know the saying - music sooths the savage beast?  Well, my brain is like the beast.
When I am at work and I know that I need to get a project taken care of, I pop in my earbuds, hit play on the Touch and do not turn it off for the next 8-10 hours. 

It's the same for working out.  I know that most people need music to keep them going or pumped up enough to work out, but I need it to stay on the treadmill for more then 9 seconds.  I get bored.

And since I do get bored, I get bored with music as well.  I have a large collection of songs and they run from mainstream to WTF is THAT?  I like it all.  But I adore new music. LOVE IT.
I love hunting out an artist that I did not currently have in my collection.  I am not going to say that I am the first person to ever download this person or anything, but they are new to me and I love it!
It's like finding a great pair of shoes...on sale.  Total happybuttwiggledance!

How do I do this?  I take one day/afternoon/evening...some chunk of time...once every month or so and I hunt.  I dig though websites and Itunes.  I think that I am on the mailing list for almost every indi/music label website out in the world. I sit with my magazines (yes, the paper kind, that come in the mail) like Rolling Stone and I READ about new music.  It's a strange process, I know, but it works for me.

It's been a while since I have done this, so I think that today is a good day for that.  My mind is starting to wonder a bit too much...even with the music on and THAT is never a good thing.

But....it could explain to some of you why you get random txt from me about something odd completely out of nowhere!  

No comments:

Post a Comment