My Blog List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My run in with gym dude

I dragged my sick self out of bed for one thing today--to join a new gym.
Oh yeah...just what one wants to do when they have been sick and really just want to die, but it needed to be done.  I don't have the kids this weekend and I really wanted to work in as many workouts as I could.
Um...can you tell I've had a fever for days?  When have I ever said I wanted to work out as much as possible???
Anyway, I got up and went to the gym.
Walked in and started my afternoon adventure with Gym Dude.

Ok...we all know Gym Dude.  He is the guy that works at the gym and when he is not working at the gym he is working out in the gym. The gym is his life.  He has a shirt that is a bit too tight as to show off his arms.  Owns only workout gear.  Talks a bit too loud.  Can't understand a joke.
Gym Dude.

He starts out with "HEY! What can we do for you today?"
Me "Um, just interested in the gym, maybe looking to join"
GD "OK-GREAT!  Lets look around"

Ok...this is where Gym Dude became my subject of ridicule.  He was like Speedy Gonzales on crack while walking around the gym.  I really have no idea what he said to me, and he was always 100 feet ahead of me.
Um...ok.

We went to go upstairs and he bounced up them like 4 at a time and gave me a look of pity when I went the normal one at a time speed.

Don't give me that look Gym Dude....I'll shank you.

So anyway, this went on for a while and he got to have 20 minutes of Gym Dude glory (showing of the gym and all)...I kinda tuned him out.

In the end, the gym was nice and since it just opened, it was cheap, so I joined.  Just hope that Gym Dude didn't really mean it when he said, "Can't wait to see you around the gym!  I will be on the lookout for you!"

Great Gym Dude....please wear a shirt that is your size next time.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been sick, really makes me want to go all chicken soup on you. Take care of yourself, and hopefully you'll be back to "normal" soon. All the best.

    Your Virtual Friend,
    Person A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Person A-

    Thank you. But really, will I ever be "normal"? I think we both know that will never happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got I hope not. You lose a loyal reader and fan if you go normal on me :) Hope you're feeling better today!

    Thought you might enjoy this...pretty sure Gym Dude was one of the extras so it's topical.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHH3brmhPyw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Person A-

    He was sooo an extra in that!

    ReplyDelete