My Blog List

Friday, February 11, 2011

RE-POST: 30 Years of Flowers

I never re-post old blogs, but this one seemed fitting for today. 
Not sure if it due to the fact that Valentine's Day Weekend is here and I am trying to be positive or the fact that I was reminded yesterday that I am always going to be single and die with 105 cats, but I woke up thinking about this...

30 years of flowers


While at the store last night, I stopped in the floral section to get myself some flowers. I was just looking around and I heard an elderly man behind me say something. I wasn't sure what he had said or if he was talking to me, until he repeated himself. "You should not being buying your own flowers! No young lady should EVER buy her own flowers--EVER!" I wasn't too sure what to say, so I smiled and told him that if I didn't buy the flowers, then I would never have them! He smiled back at me and told me a wonderful story about how, for 30 years, every Friday he brought home flowers to he 'lovely wife'. He said that he started this when the were courting (his words-how adorable!) and he was trying to win her over, so he would always bring her a single flower on Fridays and that tradition kept up, the whole time they were together.



How sweet is that? Just something small and just something to make her smile and to let her know that he was thinking of her. Yes...even just thinking about it and writing this down now is making me cry just a little.




To the 3 people that read this blog (cuz it's really not all that good!) if you have someone in your life that you cherish, let them know that you are thinking about them...trust me when I tell you that it will make them smile

No comments:

Post a Comment