My Blog List

Monday, February 21, 2011

Please don't ask me that question.

After a very long self imposed hiatus from hell...um...I mean the dating world, I recently went out on a somewhat pleasant lunch date with a guy we will call....Bullwinkle.

This post is not about the date or the dude, but the question that always seems to come up on a date that I just absolutely dread.

Bullwinkle "So, you have lived in Oregon all your life?"
Me "Yup"
Bullwinkle"So I guess you like to hike and camp?"

AAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?????

I hate this question!  I would rather talk about ANYTHING else.  Politics.  Religion.  The Great Pumpkin. ANYTHING!

I really do not have anything against camping and hiking.  I can, technically, do both.  I just can't say that I really enjoy them.
Come on...any of you reading this blog know that I am a bit....lets say....challenged when it comes to my ability to stay on my feet and not harm myself.  So taking me to the woods and asking me to climb up the side of some mountain while the theme to Deliverance is playing in the back round just does not seem like a good idea to me.  Or maybe it is the fact that whenever I have gone on a hike with some dude he turns into like super mountain man and feels the need to take me on the hardest hike known to man to show off or something.  Really?  Look at me.  Do you honestly think that hanging by your fingertips off the side of the mountain is going to win me over?  Show up at my house with a burger, then we will talk!
So when it comes to the topic of hiking, I can do it and I have, but only enjoy it if it is a REALLY easy hike :)

Then....we....come....to...CAMPING.  Um. Well.  It's ok.  I enjoy it, kinda.  But I am not one to just pack a tent in the back of my car and head out to the woods alone and cook food on a fire.  That just does not sound safe to me. AT. ALL!  So on the issue of camping, we will give that one a maybe, if I had the right company and just leave it at that.

I just don't see why I have to like these things just because I have lived here all my life.  We have perfectly wonderful hotels that have been here my whole life too.
How about we stay a weekend at the Benson and just call it camping?  I am ALL for that!      

1 comment:

  1. I am *so* with you on that one, even not being a native Oregonian. Why is it that we must be outdoorsy living in the PacNW?!? But I'd go hiking with you... to a bar ;)

    ReplyDelete