My Blog List

Monday, February 28, 2011

I have always been a nerd.

As you can tell from reading this blog, I am not a very good writer.  I know this.  I am more of a reader.  As in, house full of books, always have one with me, go to bookstores when I am upset to keep me calm, kinda reader.  The super nerd in me loves books.

When I was a kid I was hooked on a book series, Sweet Valley High.  LOVED IT!  I would take my allowance each week and go buy a new book and lock myself in my room for a couple of hours until it was finished, only to wait until the next week when I could go get a new one.  AHHHH...the simple life!

I learned all of the life lessons that one 10 year old, overweight nerdy girl could learn from two hot blond, Southern California twins (Yes, I know, so realistic!).  I fallowed their drama, felt their pain and longed to have my very own cherry red Alfa Ramiro convertible.  Like a drug, I was hooked on these paperbacks and waited like a junkie for my next fix.

OH...and did I mention the Super Editions?  OMG!  I can't even tell you the excitement that came along with heading to the store and finding out that a new one was in. HAPPY BUTT WIGGLE DANCE to the 10th degree!  These came out around the holidays and always seemed to involve a ski trip or a vacation to Hawaii.  Heaven for the reader stuck in Oregon in the rain (yes, that would be me).

While cleaning the garage, I found my box of Sweet Valley High books.  Yes, I STILL have them.  I have almost the whole set. :SUPERGEEK:  No, I have not re-read them, and I hope that I have out grown that phase of my life, but it did bring back some memories.

Also in the box, tucked into one of the books, I found a letter from the author, Francine Pascal, in response to my one and only fan letter that I have ever written.  It was totally a form letter, sent out to all the pre teen girls that were followers, but I didn't care!  All that mattered was that I got a letter back in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment