My Blog List

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Tassel Tales-Week Two

Confidence level-quickly dropping.
My actual ability to pull all of this off-dropping more quickly then the confidence level.

:sigh:

Week Two-Dance Class

I am not a dancer.  Never even took one ballet class as a child, and it shows!  I just can't dance.  And trying to figure out dancing while trying to make it look sexy? Epic fail.
I am thinking that if I change my number to a girl having some sort of seizure, it will work, but that just seems wrong and I really don't want to offend.  Well, not with that anyway.

I will say that the vibe of the class last night was pretty awesome.  The instructor, Tana, has such an infectious smile and attitude that you just can't help but enjoy yourself, even if you do feel like a dancing hippo. 

And the way she moves around the floor?  Well, if people are born to be burlesque dancers, she certainly falls on that list. She was amazing to watch.

I truly enjoy this class and I am so happy that I am finally participating in it, but I am not sure about the end product at all.

I don't like to do anything half way and I do not want to put a shitty product out into the world-there is enough of that already-i.e. Justin Beber.

I am not sure I can do this.

5 comments:

  1. Burlesque and dancing are not exclusively required to be part of each other's lives. There are plenty of burlesque performers who aren't necessarily burlesque 'dancers'. And there are some dancers who became burlesque perfomers. Stick with it. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W,

    Did you just use the term "Epic Fail"?! I don't know why it struck me as funny but I don't think I've ever heard you use that one - its so net-speak - I nearly spit out my coffee!

    Also, I've seen you dance. When you're not intentionally dorking it out for full comedic effect (which is awesome, btw), you've got rhythm and style. Stop overthinking it, luv -- have some fun and enjoy it and it'll be grand!

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. S-
    I hardly think that doing the Turtle Dance in the middle of a Brookly street while drunk counts as rhythm and style!

    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. W,

    I was remembering a different Brooklyn dance ... one involving the bar top at a certain Cherry Tree. I have *pictures*. :-D

    -S-

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAH!

    Oh yes....I remember that as well.

    Good times!!!!

    Oh, and remind me to never try and out Jager small Irish bartenders!

    ReplyDelete