My Blog List

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My door is always open

It's funny how closure can happen in so many ways.
You think that it is going to be this big thing.  The talk that answers all the questions.  The chat where all the lies and hurt from the past are addressed.  The final hug and kiss goodbye.  The last big cry.

We see it as this big bad negative event that will sum up everything that went wrong or had not been addressed previously.  Closure.  Shut the door.  Toss the key.  Walk away.  Done.

It occurred to me this morning that closure does not have to be a negative.  And I don't think that closure has to  be the end of a relationship, but the ending of the part of the relationship that was not working for the parties involved.

Nor does it have to be this dark thing that we are so afraid to face.

This morning, as the dark of night faded into the light of a brand new day, I stood face to face with closure.

I felt foolish.
I shook my head.
I smiled.
My heart skipped a beat.
I laughed.

And I started a brand new day.

3 comments:

  1. Aww...that just really makes me a little happy inside. Even as I read what I just wrote is seems mocking to me, but I couldn't be more sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMMM....That does sound mocking. I try and be all warm and fuzzy and I get mocked in return????

    Person A, you are a btat!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar experience last night.

    ReplyDelete