My Blog List

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Tassle Tales- Almost done!

With just one week left to go, last night was the dress rehearsal.  Dress rehearsal? Really?  Already?
I feel like I just signed up for the class!  Time really has flown by!

I know that I have documented my adventures in burlesque and have tried my best to keep you all updated on my progress.  From names and costumes to false eye lash epic fail.  It hasn't been pretty, but it's been a part of my life, so I wanted to share it.

Today is about my classmates.

After seeing all of them perform last night, I am just in awe of how much beauty and talent these women have.  I know that they all started the class for different reasons, but they are all ending it with the same thing-beauty, grace and courage.  These women are simply amazing.

As I have said before, I am not one to be creative or talented at anything.  I honestly have to work at being creative.  I am not sure if the others in this class are the same way, but their routines are all so diverse and each one brings something different to the stage.  Some of their routines had me saying to myself, "That is awesome!  Why didn't I think of that?!?"

It was also nice to see that we are all in the same boat when it comes to being scared to death to perform next week.  I don't know about you, but getting up on stage and trying to look good while dancing, acting, being sexy and take your clothes off is fucking scary! 

On the topic of nerves, I want to share a story from last night.

There is a girl in the class who is just adorable.  She is so nice....and made me my  first pair of practice pasties!  Last night, was rough for her.  She got up to perform, but had to go to the other room to collect her thoughts.  She did this quietly.  No drama.  Just sorta disappeared.  I saw this, and I did not want her to be all alone, so I went to go and find her.  We are not all that close or anything, but that is just how I am.  I could have known you for 30 years or 30 minutes, either way, I am not going to let you cry alone in a dark room! Let me just tell you that this performer is full of talent and spunk.  I know that I am not going to go on and be a burlesque performer.  I am almost 35, non creative and out of shape.  This is not the calling for me, but I think that it could be for her.  She has a classic beauty vibe about her and I think she could be a pretty amazing performer.  So when I saw her in the dark, head down and sobbing...it just broke my heart. Poor girl.  Nerves got the better of her, and she was just scared to death when really, she didn't need to be.  I did my best to reassure her of this, and give her the best win one for the Gipper speech that I could.  Eventually, she got up on that stage and stripped her little heart out!!!!  So proud of her!

When I got home last night, after a couple of drinks and some chicken fried steak (don't judge me...I was nervous and hungry) I got a little choked up.  I may not know many of the women in this class too well and I know that with most of them, I will never see them again, but we are a strange little family and I am going to miss them.  Class on Tuesday nights is like the big Sunday family dinner.  We get together.  We chat.  We share what is going on in our lives.  I am going to miss it.

I also adore the teachers.  They are so talented and honestly love what they do.  It shows.  I am so grateful to each of them for taking the time to teach this class and to share some of their knowledge with us.  They have been nothing but encouraging and there to help us, every step of the way.  I know that for me, I would not have been able to complete this class if it were not for them always telling me that not only could I do it, I am going to kick some ass while doing it.  I honestly can not put into words how much they have meant to me during this journey.

So, with one week to go, this adventure is almost done.  Will I suck next week?  Maybe.  But in the end, I know that I will walk off that stage with my head held high....and hopefully two pasties still on!


Oh...and for any of you gals out in blog reader land, I really do encourage you to take this class.  It's scary to think about, but in the end, so worth it.  http://rosecityschoolofburlesque.com/classes/

No comments:

Post a Comment