My Blog List

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome to the jungle.

I often wonder if my kids (well, Kellen) feel like they are raising me and I am the child.

Here is why:

The other night Kellen was reading his lines for the play that he is going to be in at school at the end of the year (unlike his mom, he believes in being very prepaid for these things).  I knew he was picked to be the hippo.  I knew that he had a speaking part.

What I did not know until Tuesday was the name of the play.

Welcome to the Jungle.

TEE HEE.

So, like any other self respecting person of my age, I took this moment to sing, in my best Axel Rose voice, "Welcome to the jungle...."  Kellen was not phased by this, so I had to step up my game.

I got closer. And about an inch from his face sang, "KNEE'S KNEE'S KKKNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS."

Hey, I thought I was pretty good.

And then, with out blinking an eye, and with a total straight face he asks, "Are you done?"

Well, I guess I could have been, but that would have been silly. I told him no and, "KNNNNNNNEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!" rang throughout the house followed by, "I am done now"

Kellen rolled his eyes, and went back to reading his part.

DANG!  I tell you, that kid is 8 going on 45!   I know (and have recently dated) grown men that act more immature then this kid!

I am going to have to get an Axel wig....I think that might annoy him a bit more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment