My Blog List

Monday, March 7, 2011

Stupid voice in my head...

Oh how I hate being a hypocrite.  Really, hate it.

Even worse is when I get called out on it.

Ok, I must clarify that last sentence as I did not get called out on it by anyone else, because, well...who am I kidding, to others I am damn near perfect and have not one flaw.  People want to be me!

Yeah...a bit much on that last statement?  Forgive me, I have not slept in two nights and my idea of humor is a bit off today.

ANYWAY...back to what I was saying.  Getting called out.  I am sure that others have LOTS of things that they want to call me out on (you have my number, send a txt...we can chat) but for this particular case of hypocrisy, I found I was the one calling myself out.

AND THAT SUCKS because it just looks funny when you are arguing with yourself and trying to prove that you are, in fact, far from a hypocrite.  Also, it's hard to win an argument with yourself, and I pretty good at arguing!

Why I am a hypocrite?  Had a conversation with someone recently about stuff and in my head (while having a conversation with a real human and not just looking crazy talking to myself) I was thinking "Why would you do that? Why not just nut up and say what you mean?"  I was going to say this to the person and at that very moment, when conversation would have been appropriate, I heard my head voice telling me, "Um...you did that too"  WTH?  Head voice is not allowed to argue with me at moments like this!  "Shut the hell up, head voice!"  is what I was thinking back, but the seed of doubt had already been planted.

I thought about it more, later in the day,  and it's so true.  I was guilty of the same thing that I had questioned the other person for.  I was/am a hypocrite.  Do I get a special parking spot at the mall now??

*But I am still almost perfect in every other way, so really, I am a much better person then the other person in this situation :)  

**The word appreciate and the saying I hate you....much more of the same meaning then the Websters people would have you to believe.      

2 comments:

  1. I called Websters. They said "appreciate" means quite the opposite of "I hate you". The person who convinced you of the two being synonymous clearly was a "D-bag" (their word, not mine...personally I found the choice a bit shocking, especially since I couldn't even find it in their book). They also said that if I should ever slip up again and use the "a-word" correctly when referring to you, you should cut me some slack and take it as the compliment it was intended. Seriously...you should listen to them. With Merriam, Webster and me that makes three against one.

    Oh yeah...and they said you sound a little wacky, what with all the voices and all. I told them it was a unique form of awesomeness, but that I appreciated their opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Person A-

    I have missed you! Glad you are back.
    T

    ReplyDelete