My Blog List

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Worst mom ever?

This was an actual conversation that I had with my ex last night when I went to pick up the boys.

Forrest "Soooooo.....Cooper just told us that 'mommy will be dancing in a bar'..." insert smirk from Forrest.
Me "WHAT?  NO!  I AM NOT.  Well, not like that."

This is what lead to that conversation-

All weekend long I worked on my burlesque routine, as class ends in just one week.  And alot of this weekend I had my kids, so like it or not, they were in on the planning process.
Kellen got stuck going out to The Leotard (dance gear shop) with me on Sat to pick up 'professional grade fishnets' that are, in fact, professional grade.  No joke.  You could catch a trout in these things and still be able to wear them to perform (once you removed all traces of said trout).  Kellen heard me say to the woman who worked at the shop that I was taking a burlesque class and needed a certain type of fishnets, and heard the conversation about the class that followed that. BTW....go to to this store if you need anything for dance.  They are super nice and helpful. Just saying.
Kellen on the other hand was pissed.  He wants me to wear a bright green tutu for my performance, and they had the very one that he thinks I should own in the shop.  I had to promise him that if I ever created another routine, a tutu would be involved!
Cooper got to skip the trip to the dance shop, and he got stuck going shoe shopping with me.  At first, he was not thrilled, but I gave him a mission-
Find mommy the following shoes:
Black
7.5
closed toe
small heal
possibly shiny

And you know what?  The kid took his job very seriously, went about his business in the store and found me the perfect pair of shoes!  I then took him to players and kicked his butt at some skee ball.  It's the circle of life

On Saturday night we all went on a mission to pick just the perfect song to mix with the one that I already s planning on using.  The boys were totally kick ass at this job as well.  It took forever to find a song that I wanted and once I got to the right style of music, I had three to pick from.  I played them each for the boys and they helped me pick the song.  They also stayed up way past their bedtimes to learn how to mix the tracks with me.  Who said burlesque is not a family activity?

This brings me to Monday morning and a conversation with Kellen and I am pretty sure how Cooper got the "mommy is dancing in a bar" thing stuck in his pretty little head.

Kellen "So, your burlesque performance is next week?  I am going to try and be there so I can watch you."

Not sure how he was going to do this.  Maybe he was going to get a driver?

Me "Oh honey, that is so sweet, but you can't be there as it is in a place that serves drinks and they do not allow kids."

Kellen "Oh, well that is too bad.  Do a good job!"

I love my kids...always so supportive!

Cooper was around for this conversation and he has a way of twisting things in his head, so I can see where he got that, but SO SO WRONG!

So rest easy men of Portland, I will not be whipping my hair in your direction while Welcome to the jungle plays in the back round and the DJ announces that Cinnamon is next up on deck.

P.S.  I still have no clue of why all strippers smell like vanilla. Go to a club, sit at the rack, take a sniff...and try and tell me I am wrong!

2 comments:

  1. Waldorf,

    I have no words. Not sure if I'm amused or horrified. But either way, I love you.

    -Statler

    PS: The next time you write/speak/text/smokesignal any comment that even resembles "woe, I am a bad mom ...", I will have to beat you. Its going on the list with the BDD-commentary, which is to say, banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Statler-
    Got it! You know how I get. I have moments. And I thank you, really I do, for putting up with those moments like only you can.
    On the BDD front...you will be happy to know that after a month of sitting on my butt, eating bad food and being a sloth...I am all squishy in the wrong places again and do not look good in the burlesque costume. Just trust me on this. It was enough to bring tears to the eyes of a cold hearted Waldorf.

    Yours always in snark,
    Waldorf

    ReplyDelete