My Blog List

Monday, March 28, 2011

One of these things is not like the other...

I am feeling a bit...on the outside looking in.

I am an odd duck.  I know this.  And at the moment, I don't feel like I fit in with any one group.

I have derby, but they really have no clue of what to do with me.  And I can understand that.  I am not a skater and I don't have any friends that skate.  I just showed up, ready to volunteer once in a while and just kinda stuck around.  I can see why the roller girls look at me funny when I tell them they have to give me the money for tickets or, well, really anytime I ask them anything or have to talk to them at all.

I have the whole world of soccer moms.  Yeah, I am not even going to spend any time on that.  Lets just say, I am not your normal soccer mom.

And now I have this new world of burlesque that I truly do adore, but I don't think that I fit into that group all that well either.  I do not look like a pin up not am not covered in wonderful tattoos.  When I think of ideas for acts I am not drawn to anything rockabilly.  In fact, I would be a giggling fool if I could pull off something to RUN DMC, Slick Rick or Beastie Boys. TRUE!

I just feel at the moment like I am in a pin ball machine and going from one part of the game to another, but never really landing in one spot to find a good fit.

Not sure what to do about this at the moment.     

No comments:

Post a Comment