My Blog List

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fear of the ruffle butt-part two

Since I had the day off on Monday, I thought that it would be a good idea to try and work out.  WTH was I thinking????  While I know that the act of working out is generally a good thing, it really just made me think about all of the wiggly jiggly bits. :CRY:  Now I know it could be worse.  For being 34 and having two kids, it could be A LOT worse, but then I started thinking about this whole burlesque thing.
Again, I ask you WTH WAS I THINKING??? I CAN'T DO THIS!  NOPE.  NO WAY. NO HOW!

I know that you do not have to be size 0 to be a wonderful burlesque performer.  It really is an art form that celebrates the female body, no matter the shape or size.  I actually love this about burlesque.  I am just not sure that I can celebrate MY female body up on stage with not much on.  And yes, even typing that now makes me break out into a cold sweat.

The reason, two years ago, that I started all this was to be able to get over stage fright.  I figured that if I could get up on stage and strip down to almost nothing, anything else in from of people would be a breeze.  I am starting to re think this game plan.  I mean really,  when will I have to be in front of people???  Lets be realistic about this.  I doubt I will ever be addressing Congress and I am sure that the childhood dream of singing on Broadway is long dead.  And we all know I am not funny enough to be a stand up comic.  So, if you give it some thought, there will never really be a need for me to get over the stage fright. 

But...CRAP....I did pay for the class.  And well, that would be a silly thing to have spent money on and not see what it is all about. 
Thank goodness that I can drink again in two days...as there is no way in hell this is going on without liquid courage (but not too much that I fall off of any stages.  If you have seen my black eye today....you know it would happen to me!)   

P.S... Do me a favor-if you see me out and I am about to eat a burger, snatch it out of my hand and make me eat a salad! I will try and stab you with a fork, but in my heart I know that you are only trying to help. Sorry in advance for any fork t damage that I might cause!

3 comments:

  1. it's the salad Dressing that's the worse part of the salad for you, and what lettuce you use. try a spinach or romaine salad with 1 tsp of olive oil. Much better for you than what most consider a "salad".

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry; left a bit out in the dressings it specifically the Hydrogenated Oils, syrup, and the Fructose or High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)

    you should come to "Spinach You" www.spinachyou.com. it's by your work. Go during a "beginner" time. it's usually one on one to show you some basics. they'll let you come for a week free. You'd be amazed in 2-4 weeks (giving some diet change) how lean and toned you'd get. I work out there every winter for bicycle racing. I got a late start this year.

    E-mail me and I'll send you a picture from Dec 14th when I realized that I'm not as far along in the shape I should have been; to a picture taken Monday, exactly four weeks later.

    Michael the owner/my trainer was amazed at me in a few weeks and asked for the pictures because it was such a change in a short time. Proof that his system works.

    ReplyDelete