My Blog List

Friday, January 21, 2011

OUCH

I sing.  Alot.

But only at home or in the car and only in front of my kids.
I am always singing to something.  It could be the radio, Ipod, playing around on the piano, singing Dr. Seuss books instead of reading them or singing the songs that I wrote for my boys when I tuck them in at night.

I sing. Alot.

Growing up I wanted to be one of three things:
Elementary music teacher
Star on Broadway
Lawyer

Yeah, I know.  Random list.  And I never made any of those dreams come true, but I still sing non stop.

No.  I don't sing well.  At. All.  I just enjoy it, so I do it.

This brings be to the point of this blog post and to the OUCH part of it.

It is American Idol time again and I have started watching it with the boys.  They love it!

But, just like last year when we watched it, Kellen feels the need to say "Mom.  Too bad you are too old, because I think that you would be great on American Idol!"

While I know the kid is coming from a good place with that statement.  Um...ouch! 

Give your old mom a break,will ya? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment