My Blog List

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The non burlesque girls guide to costuming

Step one-

Spend abnormal amounts of time stalking YouTube for ideas and inspiration.

Step two-

Get up the courage to hit up Fredrick's of Hollywood to try on almost everything that they have in the store.  Feel fat in almost everything, but end up getting something.

Step three-

Take above mentioned outfit home and stare at it for hours while trying to figure out how the hell to make it sparkly and burlesque-y.

Step four-

Come to the realization that you really have not idea how to sew.  And that you also have no idea how to even START to turn it into something wearable or make it match the song that you have chosen.

Step five-

Curse the stupid f-ing thing as if it were the spawn of the devil and hate it with a passion. Shove it back in bag and toss it out of sight.
*I am currently on this step and found that I am very good at it.  I have a feeling that I might be on this step for a while.

This is why I drink.

5 comments:

  1. Would it not be better to start drinking at Step 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) you don't have to know how to sew. Hot glue does wonders
    B) You surely don't think you're the only one who's dones this exact same thing? Half my wardrobe is in the "I'm-gonna-but-never-do" category
    C) Friends help with ideas, or help you get drunk while figuring it out :)

    Baby steps, m'dear! And Auntie Zora to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step six:

    Go out for drinks with Auntie Zora. Then hit the store for ideas.

    Step seven: Review purchases the following day while sober, consult friends who can sew or tailor to make it the most fabulous burlesque costume ever. BTW glad to hear you are going through with the class. Truly you only live once. Aaron Hawley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always dress up in your birthday suit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I have an Auntie Zora to help me :)

    ReplyDelete