My Blog List

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just some thoughts

I really didn't have plans to blog for a while.  In fact, I was going to go into hiding for a bit. I have some stuff on my mind....and I seem to turn into a hermit when that is the case.

After chatting with some people today and reading some of the things that friends have been posting out on facebook and such, it hit me that a lot of people are dealing with some crap right now.

So between spontaneous bouts of crying, sad music and mass amounts of ice cream...I started to think about things and while I don't claim to know everything or even anything..this is what I came up with today.

Love is hard.  It's messy.  It hurts.  It can suck.

But without any of the messy times, we would never see how much the good times mean to us.

This line at the end of this song says it all.  Love is hard...if it were easy it wouldn't mean nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un-6TXyNhQg

So here it goes kids...my deep thoughts for the day..

The things that are hard in life, are the things that mean the most. The things we have to work for often change us the most in ways that we could never even imagine.
There are always going to be times when we cry, scream and feel like our heart might burst. That is just a fact of life. But it is when we have swollen eyes, lost our voice an feel as if the pain just might kill us is when we learn the most about what is it that make us who we are.  Even if you don't see it just at that exact moment.

The things in life that come easy to us never mean as much.  We take those things for granted, toss them aside and wait for the next easy thing to come into our lives.

The things in life that are hard, while they might hurt from time to time are the things that we hold on to.  These are the things/people that change us and leave a mark on our souls.  These are the items/times/people that we appreciate and want around for a lifetime and are not just disposable.

So like the song says...love is hard... if it were easy...it wouldn't mean nothing...

2 comments:

  1. You're becoming a wise woman. One of our family motto's is someone always has it worse...that guy holding up the 'will work for food' sign, the battered woman in the shelter with three kids, no money and no place to go or the family that just lost a son or daughter in Iraq. I've told you many times before and will continue to remind you of the fact that you are thoughtful special person whose day will come....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that I am wise or anything even close to it. The hopeless romantic that lives in me wishes this were not true and that it was always roses and smiles.

    ReplyDelete