My Blog List

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hide the women, children and car bumpers

What CAN'T you do?

Sing?
Bake?
Knit?
Household plumbing jobs?
Brain surgery?

Ya know, something that, no matter how hard you try, you just can't do it.
While I am pretty sure that I really can't do much on the above list, my main most irritating CAN'T at the moment is parking.

Yes, parking.

After a lifetime spent in the car on Saturday night trying to find a spot, two things became clear to me:
 1-I am pretty sure that the poor person that was unfortunate enough to be in the car with me will never talk to me again.
 2-I could not park my car in a tight spot if my life and the lives of those I care about depended on it. We would all die.

This frustrates me to no end.  My lack of parking skills is my own personal pet peeve about myself.  It drives me nuts-no pun intended.
For one, I hate spending time going around and around looking for a spot.  HATE IT.  Most of the time I will just pay for a lot and be done with it.  $5 is nothing if it will keep me sane. And two, my car is a bit on the large side, so I have no one to blame but myself for not having a clue of how to park it.
And no...I really can't parallel park, no matter how many times you try and tell me that I can.  I can't.  Truly.

So as a driver over all, I am pretty dang good--although a bit on the speedy side.  I don't think that I fall under the typical "woman driver" listing.  But when it comes to parking...I fall under the "don't let her do it ever or she will turn into a crazy bitch" listing.

I think that I need to add 'learn to park car' on my ever growing list of things to do for this month.  Drivers of the local area--you have been warned.

Oh...and to my (probably ex)  friend that was stuck in the car with me...I will pay for all counseling bills as I am sure that some post traumatic stress counseling will be needed :(         

2 comments:

  1. It was *that* bad!? No really ... were there tears? Swearing? Minifit? I never really noticed that you were particularly bad at parking -- and I've never demanded that you pull over and let me do it (which, yes, I have done with at least one other person).

    I declare you should have a certain couple miniature blond blokes make rating cards and "help" you practice in front of the house from lawn chairs. Oh yeah - I'm loving this imagery.

    -Statler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Statler-

    Yes. It was *that* bad. So much so that it made the whole night a total bust.

    :)

    ReplyDelete