My Blog List

Monday, January 24, 2011

I faked it

No...not THAT.  Get your mind out of the gutter (well, just for this post.  All other times, please...stay gutter bound).
Creativity.
I.Faked.It.

I had to.  I wish that I could be one of those people that takes a look at a blank wall and sees a piece of art.  Or a person that finds a scrap of fabric and instantly knows what to make out of it.
Me?  I just see a wall and a piece of cotton that is meant to mock me as I have no clue what the hell it is meant to be.

With class starting next week, I am stressing about being creative.  Yeah, I do have a few ideas floating around in my head and yeah, I do share them with Melanie to see how lame they are.  And some are kinda kick ass...but for someone else.  For me...they just don't feel right.  At least not yet. 

So while I would love to say that magical ideas just popped into my head and it was easy...it's not!  I have spent large amounts of time online, sitting in piles of my old CD's and just generally searching.
It has kinda sucked...but has been interesting at the same time.

Oh...and did I mention that I got my kids involved?  No, they do not know why I need to find a song, they just know I need one.  So I have been playing random songs, just to see what they say. 
And Kellen...being my kid....wants me to pick an old school Run DMC song.

Hmmmm.....might be onto something with that....but I might have to save that for later!

Good news....all my searching and thinking that I knew what I wanted????  Was kinda wrong. 
I was right in the fact that I knew when I heard the song, everything else would fall into place...and it did.
Now I just have to figure out how to make an outfit all glittery (is that even a word?)
Guess it's time to invest in a Bedazzler (um...no) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment