My Blog List

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's 8:45 in the morning and I am thinking about drinks-is that wrong?

I don't really cook, but I follow a food blog/website and every once in a while, something will get posted that I love and have to try for myself.  Last time it was eggnog fudge and while others seemed to like it, I thought it was nasty...but I am ALL OVER THIS!  Who wants to come over and try it with me?????
ginger lime cider shandy



The following recipe is really quite arbitrary - feel free to tweak the amounts of each ingredient to suit your individual preference. For example, you can increase the ratio of fizzy lemonade for a sweeter drink.



ginger lime cider shandy



350ml chilled beer (I usually use a pale lager to make shandy)

350ml chilled alcoholic apple cider

350ml chilled carbonated lemonade / lemon-lime soda (e.g. Sprite, 7-Up)

1 large lime, such as a Tahitian

1 large knob ginger, nearly the size of the lime



- Slice the ginger and cut the lime into wedges. Remove seeds if any.

- Muddle the ginger and lime to release the juices, but try to avoid bruising the peel of the lime, as it can be quite bitter.

- Place muddled ginger, lime and juices in a pitcher.

- Carefully pour the beer, cider and lemonade into the pitcher one by one.

- Let the flavours infuse for a couple of minutes, then pour into glasses and serve immediately.

- You may add a little ice if you like, but be careful not to overly dilute the flavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment